Ohdeargod. What have I done?

Yes, I only registered for the Half.... but I still only have 75 days to prepare.

bethany actually said... 11:43 PM, March 02, 2009

Run, mike, run!

Do you read any running blogs? There are a ton! I don't run myself but my friend Jill blogs at jillwillrun.com about her running escapades and she follows lots of running blogs.

Megan said... 1:08 AM, March 03, 2009

Good luck! What's the farthest you have ever run so far?

HalfAsstic.com said... 2:04 AM, March 03, 2009

Like Megan, I want to know how far you have run thus far. Further than from the couch to the fridge and then to the bathroom?
I will prepare to be impressed by your answer.

Steph said... 8:54 AM, March 03, 2009

You, my friend, have signed up to run in the freezing cold rain on a long weekend in May... when you could be out drinking scotch at someone's cottage.

You are a brave, and somewhat foolish man, but I applaud you.

themikestand said... 9:04 AM, March 03, 2009

Bethany: I actually don't read any running blogs, but I'll check out Jill's and see where it leads me. I'd be interested in seeing other people's plans and getting some support.

Megan: Thanks! I've run 10k before without any real trouble, but I don't think I've deliberately run more than that before. Maybe by accident ;)

HalfAsstic: The couch to the fridge route is one of my faves. I cannot tell a lie. I'm in decent shape, but certainly not half-marathon shape. And no, this isn't something I have wanted to do all my life, but it seems like a fun goal for this spring. That and some others which I will be announcing shortly.

themikestand said... 9:06 AM, March 03, 2009

Steph: Yeah, the 10k bluenose I did five (?) years ago was horrible and wet. They closed the bridges that year and did it all on the Halifax side. I'm going to consider this as the 10k plus a lot of momentum to do another 11k. Think that'll work?

And the May two-four long weekend in Nova Scotia is really not a cottage opening weekend, no matter what people say.

Will you have scotch on hand in case I run by your house?

richgold said... 12:09 AM, March 09, 2009

You're a much braver man then The Huz. He promised me to run a 5k this July just after the last one. The closes he's come to "training" is taking off down the street after our two year old. I still out ran him! (And the only shape I have is round.)