And maybe we'll find out where the polar bear came from?

At the risk of starting something that may turn into PapaPop (apologies to MamaPop, but I couldn't resist -- you ladies rock my world.), I just have to say that I do not think I can handle this news:

USAToday has reported that LOST will end in 2010 after three more sixteen episode seasons.

TWO THOUSAND AND TEN, folks.

I have been surreptitiously watching Lost on my ipod for going on three years, here. And about the only thing that keeps me going is thinking that perhaps this will be the last season. I've given up on this program more times than I (usually) dare to admit in public. I can, however, admit that I am not the type of person who takes unreasonable suspense lightly. If it doesn't seem to be going somewhere, it's probably going nowhere.

And this is exactly why I have enjoyed all those delightfully dry British shows (The Office, Coupling, Black Books...) who have been relatively brief in their running times.

Maybe I should just be grateful that the producers owned up to the assertion they were phoning it in for more than a few episodes. There's something I could get on board with.

My questions at this point are the following:
  1. Do you watch it?
  2. Will you continue to watch it to see how it ends, or will you just wait it out and buy the DVDs during the third season, timing it perfectly for the finale*?
  3. Are you one of those people who buys Lost paraphernalia?

There. It's out of my system. Sorry for going on all Televisiony on you. Be thankful I didn't blog American Idol this time around. (By the way...Melinda? You should have totally been in the top 2.)

*This might be my most brilliant plan yet. Given that nobody I know watches it (other than Brianna, but we're never on the same episode so we can't dish anymore), spoilers are extremely unlikely in my world.

FrozenExtremities said... 10:14 AM, May 18, 2007

I kinda gave up when Kate and Sawyer escaped from the Others and left Jack. It just got too weird. The mister was the big follower anyway and he isn't here to make me watch it. I'll stick with my Grey's obsession (which means I'll have a fight on my hands for the TV on Wednesday nights come fall).

Steph said... 10:23 AM, May 18, 2007

I gave up on Lost long ago. The moment, in fact, that the polar bear showed up. That and the fact that the big guy hasn't lost a lot of weight really disturbs me.

Woman with kids said... 12:13 PM, May 18, 2007

I'm still addicted to Lost, if only so I can try to figure things out before they tell us...

TxBrunette said... 12:20 PM, May 18, 2007

I am still addicted to Lost, I never miss an episode. I do thnk that 3 more seasons is too long. I was hoping for one, maybe two more seasons to wrap everything up. I will still watch though.

Brianna said... 12:22 PM, May 18, 2007

I have Tivo, it's either lost or Top Model, it's not like I have standards. (and they refuse to show documentaries on Mormonism or Jonestown more than once a year on PBS).
I'll probably watch it as long as amy will watch with me and discuss in detail the stupid parts. I think we might enjoy bad tv better than good tv.

also -- Steph: they have food drops, Hurley need not lose weight for the show to be believable.

cronznet said... 1:01 PM, May 18, 2007

I watched two early episodes, resolved to watch it weekly, and never have seen it again. LIfe just seems too busy, even with my ipod on hand. Sigh. Don't buy paraphenalia for anything except the classic film "Snakes on a Plane."

canadian sadie said... 3:27 PM, May 18, 2007

There's a polar bear? On a tropical island?

Yeah...I don't watch it so much. I catch 10 minute snippets here and there, realize i haven't got the foggiest clue what's going on, and that the only 3 characters I ever cared about are dead...and change the channel to watch the Shopping Network instead.

There's just as much suspense, knowing there's only another 10 minutes and 32 units left...will they last? do I care? who buys this crap anyway? See? It's scintillating stuff--at least as interesting as Lost.

Sassy said... 3:22 AM, May 21, 2007

Okay, I was shocked too when I heard it would be around for ANOTHER 3 years. I honestly thought after this season, that was it. I kinda still watch it, basically because I have the hots for Sawyer and kinda because I'm a bit anal about knowing what the hell happens. Although I can say at this point, I'm absolutely lost. Ha. Get it. Lost? I'm so punny.

Tanya said... 9:52 PM, May 27, 2007

I still love Lost. I will continue my love through to the final season in 2010. I dont actually buy Lost stuff..how do you spell that other word that means stuff?! :-)
Sawyer is hot and I still like the story lines..though I did like the first season more so than the other seasons...i think it is filmed really well.

Anonymous said... 3:30 PM, May 25, 2008

LOST is a point of converstaion at my work. (College of Dentisty, University of Kentucky)I feel for you--not having anybody to chat up LOST with...Every week my friends and I get together for drinks/dinner/LOST. The more people you talk to about it, the more theories you hear. It keeps me think'n and watching. I still look forward to every new episode and although, I haven't bought a LOST tee yet, I've def shopped online and am thinking about getting one! ;)