Weekend Witticisms

A few soundbites, from the "Overheard at Chez Mikestand" files from this weekend:

1. "Of course, she didn't bring extra pants because really, you don't expect someone to pee on you when you're invited for dinner."

2. "Tell your brother you're sorry for throwing that chair at him"

3. "Maybe next time the fries don't need ANY cayenne in them."

4. "Oh, nothing major. They were playing on the bed. At least they weren't in bed, like last time*"

5. "Yeah, she does make the best chocolate chip cookies and don't even think about eating that last one."

6. "I don't think she'll be our lead singer, and not just because of the 'leather outfit' thing."

7. "How could anyone live without a really swanky GPS. Really!"

8. "Wait. Hold it! That's what [CBC Radio Personality] looks like? No, no, no..."

9. "The triceps? They are teeny tiny."

10. "I used to make wine and some of it was pretty bad. Hell, I'd drink a bottle of last Tuesday if I had to."

11. "I'm aspiring to be the best-dressed dad in all of W a l-M a r t."

Readers! Vote for your favourite, or contribute your own icky, eerie, or funny soundbites. Comments, as always, are open.

* Same person as featured in #1 above.

Megan said... 2:10 AM, February 20, 2007

Haha. I like #1 in particular. Makes me think of the time we stayed over night at Alain's sister with her husband and their daughter, who was then slightly less than 3. It was the next morning, I was still in my pjs, and she came and sat on my lap. I felt something warm, but it didn't feel wet, so I thought perhaps it was just her body heat. Nope, I was peed on. Good times.

Lesley said... 10:29 AM, February 20, 2007

I vote #1 too. Probably because I worked in daycare, and got peed on a lot. Ah, toilet training years...
My fav overheard line from my daycare years is this: "EXCUSE ME! DUCKS are NOT for THROWING!"
It's just good advice.

Steph said... 4:31 PM, February 20, 2007

Ah, ECMA weekend made for some interesting conversations at our house. We watched the awards show with a couple friends on Sunday night. Mr. Happy, who had been out 'til 4am the night before said:

"Hey look there's (guitar player on stage). I slapped his bare a$$ last night."

Me (turning to stare at him in disbelief): "That's just what your wife wants to hear."

Yeesh.

(my vote is for #11)

chRistine said... 6:25 PM, February 20, 2007

i have to admit i snickered at #6.

although #1 brought back memories of my child leaving a skid mark on my father's leg (bad wiping, a nightgown, and a grandfather don't mix!)

themikestand said... 7:20 PM, February 20, 2007

The funny thing was that no adult got peed on. It was a toddler-to-toddler thing, and an unfortunate (though could have been worse) accident.

steph: Details! Names! Dish.

Megan said... 6:57 AM, February 22, 2007

Well then, it's not half as funny if no adults got peed on. :)