OC RIP

I'm told that tonight, it'll all be over. Or resolved. Or ripe for a spinoff. Whatever.

The point is this: The O.C. as we know and love avoid it will draw to a close at 9PM Eastern tonight, leaving whatever surviving cast members to flail about in bad movie-land before finally wandering around, panty-less and / or bald, looking for a red carpet or opening night.

I do, however, have a request to make: Having missed the last two seasons, perhaps someone could fill me in as to what's happened? Brevity is appreciated. Haiku would be spectacular.

Use a fake name if you have to. The world doesn't need to know your dirty little Thursday night secret.

(PS: Did I also hear this morning that Studio 60 is being dropped? . My video iPod will soon be taking recommendations for a replacement.)

sween said... 11:53 AM, February 22, 2007

All I know is that BSG and Friday Night Lights better be on that iPod of yours...

Brianna said... 11:56 AM, February 22, 2007

ok so i missed half of last season and this season but here's what i gather:

1. marissa died in a car crash
2. julia cooper/nichol/roberts married summer's dad then he left and now she is dating ryan's dad who..
3. got out of prison, came looking for him, claimed he had cancer but totally does not.
4. kirsten is pregnant
5. summer went all hippy at college and then got suspended for freeing animals from a science lab and thus is back in the OC with her lover Seth
6. seth is now kind of annoying which sucks cause i loved him
7. ryan is dating taylor townsand who is refreshingly neurotic

Brianna said... 11:57 AM, February 22, 2007

re: studio 60

about damn time. watch heroes.

themikestand said... 12:00 PM, February 22, 2007

sween: FNL is. BSG is not. I'm way too far behind on that. We should talk.

brianna: No shit? Wow. I didn't even realise that was Taylor Townshend in the picture. Wild. I may have to rent Season 3 (if my family vacates the house for a week someday). Pity about Marissa. Okay, not really.

SRH said... 5:11 PM, February 22, 2007

The thing I found troubling about Studio 60 was just how un-even the writing was. Some scenes were brilliant while others languished in their own abused intellect. The ironic thing is that the best written ep turns out to be their last one. Seriously, if all the eps had been as well written, it would still be on TV.

If one sneezes, one is behind on BSG. Great show, but hard to follow if you do anything but wait religiously for the next ep.

Charlatan said... 9:11 PM, February 22, 2007

Don't even talk to me about trying to keep up with TV. Try moving to a place where they are, in some cases, years behind (they still have Frasier in first run).

I have no idea if or when BSG is even playing on air and while Heroes just started its run (episode 4 was this week), I haven't got a clue when Lost will start.

And I am in the Television business.

sigh

gingajoy said... 9:47 PM, February 22, 2007

BSG is *not*?? OK--you and sween do need to talk. Now. Call yourself a Mac User? Sheesh.

Heather said... 12:03 PM, February 23, 2007

I own the first two seasons on DVD.

::Hangs head in shame::

I finally watched again about two weeks ago and Kirsten, the mom, is pregnant. After that tidbit I felt really blessed to have the right mind to stop watching when I did. Ridiculous doesn't even begin to describe it all.

sween said... 4:16 PM, February 23, 2007

I have been tempted on occasion to get everyone I know in one location, lock the door, and start the BSG DVDs, from the miniseries on, until everyone is up-to-date with the story and/or is obsessive as I am about it.

But I'm odd.

sween said... 4:18 PM, February 23, 2007

And FNL... I am constantly flabbergasted that so few people watch it... because it is SO GOOD.