Blogiversary

Two years ago (on another site) I started something which would eventually become this blog. At the time, it was nameless, and came with a disclaimer:

"DANGER: Reading of this journal may cause drowsiness. Do not operate heavy machinery."

The journal started as a way for me to give a glimpse into the everyday life of me (narcissistic much?) -- weather reports of my walk to work, what Old Time Radio show I listened to on my cheapie mp3 player (I still yearned for the iPod I would get nearly a year later and never, never shut up about), and other such daily drivel. I gradually expanded my subject base as I realized it was a tool for improving my writing, something entirely debatable at this stage. I still don't blog about work, much as I might like to. I'm saving that for my book, to be published two days after I retire.

Anyway... I moved that journal to livejournal (because I'm 12, and myspace hadn't been invented yet) for a few months before the final move to this location, where I reposted some earlier entries.

Today, not much has changed, if you don't count the birth of my second child as blog-fodder. (What some people won't do!) Except, I hope, I'm slightly more entertaining than I used to be. And if I'm not? Don't tell me. Please.

Happy Blogiversary to me!

PS Happy Robbie Burns Day! To honour this, expect a new edition of Scotch Watch to surface very shortly.

UPDATE: The Scotch Blog has a veritable plethora of Burns links here.

SRH said... 9:49 AM, January 25, 2007

Happy 2nd blogaversary! Take yourself out to a nice place and have a good meal. Most people don't make it past 1.

Steph said... 11:01 AM, January 25, 2007

Perhaps you'll get a blogiversary present in the next week or so.

Sassy said... 11:17 AM, January 25, 2007

Happy Blogaversary!!!! :-D

sween said... 11:54 AM, January 25, 2007

You know somewhere, someone's head just exploded at the use of the word "blogiversary". (And I say, "POO ON THEM!")

Awesome, dude. Keep it up.

The Ninja Knitter said... 12:03 PM, January 25, 2007

Happy Blogiversary - keep the scotch flowing and no one gets hurt. (Well, apart from the hangovers the next morning, but that's something to worry about later.)

FrozenExtremities said... 4:46 PM, January 25, 2007

Happy Blogiversary!! We too shall be raising a glass in the honour of Mr. Burns. However we'll be passing on the Haggis.

(I totally posted this earlier today and it's not here, weird.)

Jurgen Nation said... 7:24 PM, January 25, 2007

Happy Blogiversary to you! Or, if you prefer, Happy Blogthday!

You're fantastic, and I hope there are many more Blogthdays in your future.

And may someone else's head assplode at "blogthday." Whee!

Christine said... 8:39 PM, January 25, 2007

happy two years, and sween: i think i'm the one whose head exploded that the term "blogiversary".

i still want the shirt that reads, "no one is interested in your blog". it rocks.

as an aside, that's the only thing i wish i hadn't deleted my original blog for: i am coming up now on four years.

The Expat said... 9:26 PM, January 25, 2007

Happy blogiversary, as someone who read your original blog as well as this one I can say it's been fun.

I don't think my head exploded over the word blogiversary but I just might have thrown up a bit in my mouth...

Brianna said... 10:12 PM, January 25, 2007

my god you are popular. I'm proud to say I was here from the beginning and will soon start a blog discussing the intricacies of this blog.

-- doing my part to bring the internet full circle

Megan said... 1:38 AM, January 26, 2007

Yeah! Happy Blogiversary!

themikestand said... 8:58 AM, January 26, 2007

My own head my splode from all the comments today. Thanks, everyone.

And don't listen to brianna or the expat -- what they remember is probably somebody else.

Sween and chrstine: I knew I couldn't have made that word up. Sad, but true. Blogthday? That's pure Stacy, and totally copyrightable.

Elizabeth said... 6:51 PM, January 26, 2007

Hey Mike, Happy Blogiversary! I'll tip my bottle of Kahlua Mudslide in your honor tonight.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said... 4:07 PM, January 28, 2007

Happy (albeit late) blogiversary!

Jessica said... 9:42 PM, January 28, 2007

Happy (belated) blogaversary to you!