The screech of feedback

I think I've been quasi-slagged by the home improvement ninja.
Or, rather, my crappy blog has been slagged by the ninja.

In a post (that you can read here), he said:

Incident 2) I'm trying not be one of those blogs that talks about everything. This won't be a blog about what I had for breakfast or what happened on American Idol. There's plenty of blogs that talk about stuff like that so if that's what you're looking for, there's plenty of places for that, and most of them suck. This blog is about my home repairs, random libertarian rants, and ninja news...period. Therefore, crappy incident number 2 will not be discussed, but it is crappy...and it's not related to American Idol.
Now, I get razzed for my AI posts by Jason all the time, but I guess from him I don't take it very seriously. But when you suspect that strangers are taking shots at you... that's different.

Also, I may be slightly vain for thinking this was in some way aimed at me, but I have commented on his blog quite a few times, so maybe it's not such a stretch after all.

Anyway, for those of you who don't like the American Idol recaps, you only have to tough it out (or ignore it) for a few more weeks. You're all grown-ups. I think you can handle it.

And to the ninja, I had oatmeal for breakfast. With raisins.

sween said... 11:57 AM, April 10, 2006

Vanilla Almond Special K.

And coffee.

And a bran bar.

And and apple.

You post what you want to, buddy. It's your blog. Don't let the bastards get ya down.

Sassy said... 12:15 PM, April 10, 2006

diet dr. pepper and a nutri-grain bar.

I have a blogger on my blogroll who wrote a post about how all the AI recaps were making her want to kill herself. I thought that was rude, too. I wanted to say, "here's a rope, buddy. go to it." OR. JUST DON"T READ IT. Hellooooo?!

Brianna said... 2:05 PM, April 10, 2006

grapenuts with slices strawberries.

I don't even watch AI and I enjoy your recaps. (of course i'm a sucker for pop culture commentary...)

HomeImprovementNinja said... 2:16 PM, April 10, 2006

Well in my defense I didn't say your recaps suck. I said that MOST people that have blogs for such things suck. If you do anything snarky, pithy, acerbic and misantrhopic enough I will be amused, but most people don't. It's usually "OMG! I Can't believe they voted Bryce off, I hate Chandra, she can't even sing anything except for hip hop."*

Basically, I don't see the why I should be making the same observations everyone else is. Which is why I don't do pop culture stuff.

Also, I don't do memes or whatever they are called. If I have nothing better to do than tell you about my shoes and you have nothing better to do than to read it, then we both have a problem.

*No offense to anyone named Bryce or Chandra, but if that is your name, you should try out for AI.

themikestand said... 2:23 PM, April 10, 2006

Ninja: I'll be the first to defend your right to make your blog whatever you want it to be, and to refuse to engage in those activities you deem unblogworthy. No memes? No problem.

And I know you didn't name me as a useless American Idol-blogger, which is precisely why I wrote that third paragraph documenting my possible vanity/paranoia.

To the rest of you, thanks for the breakfast suggestions. And the support.

coolbeans said... 2:52 PM, April 10, 2006

I had a few bites of chewy, dense pancakes with too little syrup, two eggs over-easy, 1.5 strips of bacon and a frou-frou coffee from Evilbucks.

I wish I'd had fluffy, melty pancakes with too much syrup, the other half of that strip of bacon (The Toddler stole it), a cheesy omelette with onions and mushrooms, and a frou-frou coffee from our Mom n' Pop.

Keep on keepin' on, Mike.

Jessica said... 10:06 AM, April 11, 2006

Like I said, I'm skipping the show and just staying up to date with your posts, so I appreciate it - keep 'em coming!